Membership at hbc is a commitment to be a part of this body as someone in our church family. To become a member of hbc we require that you have a meeting with our Pastor to walk through some simple but significant information about who we are, what we do, who you are, and what you are committing to.
Believe the gospel of Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
Our sin separates us from God. Jesus died for our sin, paying the debt we owed. He raised again to show His victory over death. Because of what Jesus has done, everyone who trusts in Him is forgiven and welcomed into His Kingdom.
Be baptized by immersion in water (Romans 6:4)
Baptism represents Jesus’ death and resurrection on our behalf. Baptism also represents our death to sin followed by our new life in Christ.
Faithfully participate in a worship service and a Life Group (Hebrews 10:24-25)
Christians meet regularly together for prayer, learning, fellowship and accountability.
What is the membership covenant?
I will protect the unity of my church:
- By acting in love toward other members (Gal. 5:22-26)
- By refusing to gossip or complain (Eph. 4:25-32)
- By following the leaders (Heb. 13:17)
I will share the responsibility of my church:
- By celebrating and supporting baptism (Rom. 6:3-4)
- By praying for its growth (Acts 2:42-47)
- By inviting the unchurched to attend (Rom. 10:13-15)
- By warmly welcoming guests (1 Peter 4:9)
I will serve the ministry of my church:
- By discovering my spiritual gifts and talents (1 Cor. 12:4-30)
- By being equipped by my leaders to serve (Col. 1:28)
- By developing a servant’s heart (Gal. 5:13)
- By finding a place to serve (Rom. 12:1-8)
I will support the mission of my church:
- By growing as a disciple of Jesus (2 Peter 3:18)
- By attending faithfully (Heb. 10:24-25)
- By living a God honoring life (1 Peter 1:13-16)
- By giving regularly (2 Cor. 9:6-7)